Ways of putting emphasis :
- really - completely - so-so it is -extremely
- hardly - never - absolutely - sheer nonsense
- utter nonsense - why-why ever - at the very beginning - by no means- not at all
- I do like you - I did see it. – Negative inversion - under no circumstances
- in the least- at all - repeating ( searched and searched)
- What she did next was (to) call the police.
- The alarm clock woke me up.
It was the alarm clock that woke me up.
- Mary rescued me.
It was Mary who rescued me.
- Although it is expensive the ticket is good value for money.
Expensive as/though the ticket may seem it is good value for money.
- I have never been to England.
Never have I been to England.
- I hardly know him.
Hardly do I know him.
- I don’t care about it.
Little do I care.
1)No sooner had we stepped outside than it started to rain. Hardly/Barely/Scarcely
2) She is so pretty.
She is such a pretty girl.
3) So nice was she that…
Such was her kindness that…
- A balloon went up to the sky.
Up to the sky went a balloon.
- A young girl sat on the stairs.
On the stairs sat a young girl.