6. Will/won’t in the if-clause
- If you will wait, I will call that manager.- jeśli zechcesz
- If you will make coffee, I will wash the dishes.-sth for sth
- If you will smoke so much, you will have health problems.
7. But for
- If it weren’t for
- If it hadn’t been for
- I wish you hadn’t said it.
- I wish you were here now.
- I wish you would/could come to the party.
9. Would rather/would sooner
- I would rather go to the cinema.
- I would rather not go.
- I would rather you went/ didn’t go.
10. Had better.
- I had better go.
- I had better not go.